Role and Responsibilities
In this position, the Ancillary Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for providing outpatient scheduling for our facility partner(s).
In addition, the candidate will be asked to provide back-up scheduling services as needed, this may performed remotely and travel to facility may be required.
- Outpatient scheduling for new and recurring patients.
- Inpatient scheduling coordination with Vascular Technologists and requesting departments.
- Phone support for Vascular Lab operations.
- Reviews Vascular orders for appropriateness and schedules patients in Epic.
- Direct communication with patients for scheduling ultrasound appointments and reminders for appointments.
- Guides patients through registration process, explains/answers questions regarding Vascular ultrasound appointments and provides pre-appointment instructions.
- Communicates with various hospital departments for coordination of patient care.
- Coordinates with technical and office staff, for timely care of patients.
- Prepares Vascular Lab monthly statistics for invoicing.
- Participates in Vascular Lab team meetings.
- Must maintain and comply with facility rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing department goals: supply inventory management, team related information, and staffing.
- Other duties to support lab operations, as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree preferred).
- 2+ years’ experience in medical scheduling.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks based on importance.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of EMR/EHR (Epic) systems preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of medical terms
- Knowledge of vascular ultrasound terms preferred.